The following are my go-to Austin coffee shops, which I turn to in most coffee-craving situations, and my reasons why.
- Location: Downtown, East 7th St
- Reason to Visit: Vintage Heart was one of the first coffee shops I visited in Austin and I fell in love with the hipster atmosphere. This is definitely an ideal study spot – small personal tables with wooden surfaces, light background music, & dim lighting perfect for spending an afternoon indoors.
- Tip: You must try the lavender latte. Their syrups are made in house, and this flavor is especially impressive!
- Location: The Domain Rock Rose
- Reason to Visit: Two Hands probably has the best company vision & friendliest service out of all the Austin coffee shops I have been to. Beyond that, the open atmosphere makes a great study spot or a place to catch dessert with friends.
- Suggested: Two Reasons to Visit Two Hands
- Tip: Great place to pair a really good beverage with a dessert from Quacks!
- Location: Hyde Park / North Campus, near Spider House
- Reason to Visit: Beware Coffee might be my ultimate go-to in Austin. Being a food truck establishment, the focus is 100% on creating quality coffee. The owners are sweet and friendly, and always brighten my day just as much as the coffee they make.
- Tip: Try the ginger latte if you’re feeling gutsy and don’t mind the bitter taste.
- Location: S Lamar, next to Tacodeli
- Reason to Visit: Houndstooth is not unique to Austin, but I can’t talk “Austin coffee” without giving it a mention. The baristas are serious about their coffee, and the hefty price for their coffee is matched in quality – it does a perfect job of brings out coffee’s natural bitter taste, while staying smooth.
- Tip: Ask for recommendations on the brews of the day
Thanks for reading! Where do you usually go for coffee?